CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Missing DAD

Since November Brad has been gone here and there for interviews for residency programs. While he was gone I hung up a map on our kitchen wall so that I could show the kids where daddy is when he would call at night. We put stickers on the map showing all the cities he interviewed at. The yellow stickies are the places in order of our preference. The top three are Norfolk Virgina, Columbia South Carolina, and Chattanooga Tennessee. sp? In February Brad left to Texas for 3 1/2 weeks to do training for the military. We have been lucky to hear from him every night. And the Kids enjoy talking with him and miss him bad. Ian tells people his dad is playing army, and told Brad on the phone he wishes he could play trains (something him and his dad do quite often together). Ainsley has even pointed to the map and said dada and has called a few men in the ward dada. This week has been exciting for us. Monday we found out we matched which is a relief to me since I would have had to fill in for Brad since he was gone. Thursday at 10am we find out where we are going! I'm so excited but sad that Brad won't be there to share the experience. We miss you Babe! Thanks for all you do for us.










7 comments:

Bryanna Johnson said...

I liked your posts. So is Ainsley potty training for real?

The Buzz said...

Hey if you need a break please send your cute kids over to play with Hailey and Jocelyn! You seemed so sad yesterday when you said you feel so helpless. I know it's hard with Brad being gone so much! I can't wait to find out where you are going, but sad to see you go!

Unknown said...

I love the new posts!! I am so glad to have you as a friend! And those kids of yours are just about the sweetest things ever!!! You are such a fun mom to help the kids understand where dad is and such! LOVE IT!

Jeff and Stacy said...

Man, we miss you guys!!! Great to hear Brad matched up! So where is it going to be?!?!

The Williams Family said...

I can't believe how big Ainsley is getting! Your kids are so cute. I'm excited to see where you guys get to go!

Hancocks said...

It sucks to have a traveling husband. Believe me, I know! We are excited to hear about your "match!" Sad that it is so far away, but I know it will be super exciting for you! I know it will be a great experience for your whole little family! Good luck! Sorry we missed the race. Mat said you did awesome and the weather was great too!

The Atwood's said...

Hey there! I saw that your kids were pointing to San Antonio, TX. That's where he did his "military training" correct? I wish we would have known. That's where we are and my husband works at Lackland, AFB. We could have invited him over for dinner! Oh well. Let us know when you find out where you are going.